Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Andy Warhol Inspired Handprint Art

Awhile ago I got a kid collage frame from my mother. It has a space for some kid made art and another space to fit a 4x6 photo. Well I've had the same art and photo in there since the monster was 2. I'd say 5 years is plenty long enough time to pass before finally changing it out. We made some quick Andy Warhol inspired art out of some tempra paint and leftover poster board from a school project. As he ran laps through the house(because that's what crazy little monsters do when they have too much energy and are being asked to participate) I would stop him every so often to slap another handprint down. This made for a very easy, stress-free project. Just to clarify...after each handprint I would rinse his little hand before sending him on his way to run off some more of that energy.
I love how it turned out and it has been hanging happily on my wall ever since, until it got packed and put into storage this week :(
Oh how I love that little monsters sweet handprints!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment